Easy and simple Broccoli Curry for your rice, roti, or naan is here and it couldn’t be more flavorful. The classical Indian spices with coconut cream make this dish extremely rich in taste and texture.
- 2 onions quartered
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tomatoes quartered
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 cups broccoli florets (steamed)
- 1 cup potato (steamed)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- In a blender (or a food processor), add onion + ginger + garlic + green chilies + tomatoes + coriander. Blend to make a paste and set aside.
- Set a pan over low-medium heat. Add coconut oil. Once it's hot, add cumin seeds and let them splutter and turn brown.
- Add the paste + turmeric powder + cumin powder + coriander powder + salt. Mix well and cook for 10-12 minutes (over low-medium heat) or until all the liquid is evaporated and the mixture turns brownish. Stir frequently to avoid burn *important*.
- Add steamed broccoli + potatoes + 3/4 cup water. Stir and mix. Cover the lid *important* and cook for 5-7 minutes over low-medium.
- Add the coconut cream and give it a final stir. Your broccoli curry is ready. Serve with rice, naans, rotis or your fav flatbreads.