It’s amazing how chickpea flour + all-purpose flour make these smell and taste like “real” omelettes. I topped it with cherry tomatoes, spinach, and sauteed garlic. Breakfast was delicious.
Yield 2 omelettes
- 1/2 cup gram (chickpea) flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt
- 3/4 cup (180 ml.) water
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Sauteed garlic
- Cooked spinach
- Cherry tomatoes
- Black pepper
- Add the chickpea flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add 3/4 cup water and stir until the mixture is runny.
- Mix in chopped bell peppers and chopped onion. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium flame. Add 1 teaspoon oil and coat well.
- Once hot, add the batter. Make sure the batter is spread evenly across the pan (do not mix/stir).
- Close the lid and cook for 4-5 minutes on low-medium heat settings.
- Flip and cook the other side for 4-5 minutes.
- Top it off with sauteed garlic, cooked spinach, cherry tomatoes, and black pepper. Enjoy!
Serving Size 2 omelettes
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8.3 g
Total Carbohydrates 52 g
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
Protein 15.4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.