Cinnamon millet porridge makes a delicious morning breakfast. It’s sweet, light, and can be prepared using a handful of ingredients.
Cinnamon Millet Flour
Yield 1.5 cups
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom seeds (or powder)
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons jaggery (or agave / maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sliced bananas
- Chia Seeds
- Heat a pan over low-medium flame. Add 1/4 cup millet flour and cardamom seeds.
- Stir and heat for 5 minutes (this will remove the "raw" taste from the millet).
- Add 1/2 cup milk and mix well until the lumps are gone. Add the remaining 1/2 cup milk and give it a good stir. The mixture will now turn smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons maple or agave syrup (I used jaggery), and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix well cook until bubbly.
- Your porridge is now ready. Top it off with sliced bananas, pomegranate and chia seeds. Enjoy! 🙂
Serving Size 1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5.1 g
Total Carbohydrates 78 g
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
Sugars 41 g
Protein 9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.