8 ingredients basil pesto recipe for pasta and salads.
Ready under 5 minutes, and is super fresh and fragrant.
To see this recipe in action, see our Basil Pesto Pasta.
Basil Pesto Recipe
- 6 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt (adjust to taste)
- Pepper (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add toasted walnuts to a food processor. Grind until powdery.
- Next, add all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT extra virgin olive oil. Blend well. Scrape the walls of the processor using a spatula, if needed.
- As it's blending, gradually mix in extra virgin olive oil. Continue blending for about 8 seconds.
- Basil Pesto is ready!
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our other recipe.